TENNERTON — In continuing to bring you the best sports coverage in Upshur County, the My Buckhannon sports department is pleased to bring you another edition of our weekly exclusive — Raising the Jolly Roger With…
In ‘Raising the Jolly Roger With…’ the My Buckhannon sports department will interview a senior student-athlete from Buckhannon-Upshur to get to know them better and what makes them tick both on and off the field. Don’t settle for cheap knockoffs!
Our student-athlete this week is Isaac Lane — enjoy!
1. Please list all the sports you have played at B-U and what year you played them? I have played golf and baseball all four years.
2. What has been your favorite athletic moment at Buckhannon-Upshur that you participated in? Winning the Big 10 Conference championship in golf.
3. Describe your toughest practice at Buckhannon-Upshur. What sport and who was the coach? It was a baseball practice with coach Adam Squires.
4. Do you have a favorite saying from one of your head coaches? No.
5. What was or is your favorite class you have taken at Buckhannon-Upshur and who taught it? Why was it your favorite? Advanced math modeling. Ms. Cutright taught it. She is a very fair teacher who treats all students’ great.
6. What is your favorite thing about being a Buccaneer? It is a very close knit school and everyone here is family.
7. If you were asked to play another sport, what would it be and why? Probably basketball. I used to play it when I was younger.
8. Who is your hero and why? Trevor Bauer. He gives me inspiration to pitch.
9. What do you want to be when you grow up? I want to be a major league baseball player.
10. What are your initial plans after graduation this spring? I plan to attend college.
11. What question do you hate to answer? Are you on steroids.
12. Who is the best athlete in your family? Me.
13. Do you have a favorite vacation spot? If so, where? Revels Campground.
14. What is your favorite food and what is the one thing you won’t eat? My favorite food is chicken alfredo. The one thing I won’t eat is peas.
15. What advice would you give to a young athlete ready to start his/her time as a Buccaneer? Always do your best and believe you can succeed.