The Pie Contest will again be featured at the 2022 Jackson’s Mill Jubilee! The event is scheduled for the afternoon of Saturday, September 3, 2022, in the EEC Building. Contestants may enter at the Historical Gate and park. A golf cart will be called for your transport to the EEC Building. The pie maker receives free admission and directions to the location.
Contestants are invited to enter pies only between 2:00 and 3:00 p.m. No pies will be accepted before or after these times. Do not leave them. Judging will begin at 3:00 p.m. and awards will be given when the judging is complete (tentatively scheduled to be between 4:00 and 4:30 p.m.). Ribbons and cash prizes will be awarded.
Contest rules are:
- Pie fillings must have a West Virginia product (fruit, nut, or vegetable) as the main ingredient.
- Pie fillings must be made from fresh, home preserved, or home frozen ingredients; commercially canned pie fillings will not be accepted.
- Crusts must be home prepared; frozen or other commercially prepared crusts will not be accepted.
- Custard pies or pies containing any ingredient requiring constant refrigeration (such as cream cheese, whipped topping, etc.) will not be accepted due to lack of refrigeration at the contest site.
- There will be three divisions:
- Adult (18 and over)—Single Crust Pie
- Adult (18 and over)—Double Crust Pie
- Youth Division (under age 18)–Single or Double Crust Pie.
- One copy of the recipe used (crust and filling) must be submitted with each pie.
- An individual contestant may enter up to two pies per category.
- The decisions of the judges are final.
The contest is sponsored by My Thrifty Mama in cooperation with the Jackson’s Mill Jubilee. My Thrifty Mama, a family-owned Thrift Store located at 916 US- 33 East of Weston, will provide ribbons and cash prizes for winners in each of the three divisions. For additional information, contact Annette Santilli at 304-621-3648 or email – firstname.lastname@example.org.