CHARLESTON — Colonel J. C. Chambers, superintendent, is pleased to announce recent appointments and changes to the Senior Staff of the West Virginia Police.
These decisions have been deliberate and thoughtful as we move forward with integrity, building upon the trust we have had with the citizens of West Virginia since 1919.
The following appointments were made effective on the following dates:
- B. L. Mankins Lieutenant Colonel 04/22/2023 (Previously Lieutenant Professional Standards Troop 6)
- E. D. Widmeyer Major (Chief of Field) 04/08/2023 (Previously Northern Command)
- A. S. Perdue Major (Professional Standards) 04/22/2023 (Previously Captain Troop 5)
- R. M. Hogan Captain (Troop 1) 04/22/2023 (Previous First Sergeant / District Commander)
- G. S. Losh Captain (Troop 5) 04/22/2023 (Previous First Sergeant / District Commander)
- L. J. Deskins Captain (Troop 8 BCI) 04/22/2023 (Previous First Sergeant / Regional Coordinator BCI)
The following transfers were made at the member’s request:
- T. L. Forman was Captain of Troop 4 and requested to return to permanent rank of Lieutenant and transfer to Lieutenant Professional Standards Troop 6.
- J. E. Davis was Captain of Troop 8 (BCI) and requested to return to permanent rank of First Sergeant and transfer to First Sergeant BCI Beckley.
The following members of Senior Staff petitioned and were granted retirement by the State Police Retirement Board. We appreciate their many years of faithful service to the State Police and the citizens of West Virginia:
- Major T. L. Williams 04/07/2023
- Lieutenant Colonel D. M. Nelson 04/21/2023
- Captain G. L. Stalnaker 04/21/2023