The West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources announced Monday that 10,561 cases of COVID-19 are currently active in the Mountain State. That’s a decrease of 1,356 since the last report.
Locally, COVID-19 cases are active in Upshur (136), Barbour (71), Lewis (190), Randolph (87) and Webster (73) counties. In Upshur County, that’s a decrease of 32 active cases over the weekend.
Forty-one additional deaths have been attributed to the disease, according to the DHHR:
- a 51-year old male from Randolph County,
- a 56-year old male from Mason County,
- a 73-year old female from Wirt County,
- a 62-year old female from Boone County,
- a 70-year old male from Raleigh County,
- a 71-year old female from Harrison County,
- a 49-year old male from Kanawha County,
- a 51-year old female from Wayne County,
- a 60-year old female from Preston County,
- a 70-year old male from Hampshire County,
- a 75-year old female from Jackson County,
- a 56-year old male from Preston County,
- a 68-year old male from Taylor County,
- a 74-year old female from Cabell County,
- a 51-year old male from Ritchie County,
- an 82-year old male from Greenbrier County,
- an 80-year old male from Fayette County,
- a 77-year old female from Preston County,
- a 71-year old male from Wayne County,
- an 86-year old male from Harrison County,
- a 79-year old female from Raleigh County,
- a 79-year old male from Wayne County,
- a 93-year old female from Morgan County,
- a 49-year old female from Cabell County,
- a 57-year old male from Cabell County,
- a 63-year old female from Wayne County,
- an 81-year old male from Cabell County,
- a 47-year old female from Marion County,
- a 90-year old female from Marshall County,
- an 83-year old male from Ohio County,
- a 50-year old male from Boone County,
- a 76-year old female from Harrison County,
- a 56-year old female from Marshall County,
- a 56-year old female from Berkeley County,
- a 58-year old male from Jackson County,
- a 73-year old male from Tucker County,
- a 42-year old female from Wayne County,
- a 67-year old female from Monongalia County,
- a 72-year old male from Wayne County,
- a 52-year old female from Logan County,
- a 52-year old female from Logan County.
“The West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHR) reports as of October 11, 2021, there are currently 10,561 active COVID-19 cases statewide. There have been 41 deaths reported since the last report, with a total of 3,976 deaths attributed to COVID-19,” according to a press release.
About 840 residents are hospitalized with the virus (81% unvaccinated, 19% vaccinated), with 250 currently in intensive care (87% unvaccinated, 13% vaccinated) and 168 on a ventilator (91% unvaccinated, 9% vaccinated). The daily percent positive was 11.47%.
A total of 896,240 people have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in West Virginia, meaning they have received both doses of the vaccine, the DHHR said. That’s about 50% of the state.
CURRENT ACTIVE CASES PER COUNTY: Barbour (71), Berkeley (704), Boone (162), Braxton (74), Brooke (69), Cabell (480), Calhoun (25), Clay (42), Doddridge (88), Fayette (227), Gilmer (49), Grant (106), Greenbrier (149), Hampshire (127), Hancock (158), Hardy (73), Harrison (706), Jackson (205), Jefferson (203), Kanawha (946), Lewis (190), Lincoln (156), Logan (167), Marion (513), Marshall (177), Mason (132), McDowell (170), Mercer (351), Mineral (178), Mingo (138), Monongalia (327), Monroe (55), Morgan (95), Nicholas (179), Ohio (174), Pendleton (20), Pleasants (27), Pocahontas (33), Preston (313), Putnam (379), Raleigh (356), Randolph (87), Ritchie (78), Roane (95), Summers (25), Taylor (108), Tucker (37), Tyler (46), Upshur (136), Wayne (259), Webster (73), Wetzel (106), Wirt (36), Wood (530), Wyoming (151).