The West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources announced Saturday that 549 new cases of COVID-19 have been identified in the Mountain State.
One new death from Upshur County was reported Saturday, a 79-year old female. It is the county’s 26th death from COVID-19.
Locally, new cases were reported in Upshur (18), Barbour (8), Lewis (10), Randolph (12) and Webster (1) counties.
A total of 179 cases are currently active in Upshur County, according to the DHHR.
Nineteen additional deaths have been attributed to the disease, according to the DHHR:
- a 93-year old male from Monongalia County,
- a 64-year old male from Mingo County,
- a 79-year old female from Upshur County,
- a 63-year old female from Pleasants County,
- a 69-year old male from Wood County,
- a 67-year old male from Wood County,
- a 71-year old female from Wood County,
- a 90-year old female from Wood County,
- a 73-year old male from Pleasants County,
- an 86-year old male from Mingo County,
- a 69-year old female from Wood County,
- a 61-year old female from Marshall County,
- an 88-year old female from Wood County,
- an 86-year old male from Harrison County,
- an 82-year old male from Greenbrier County,
- a 69-year old female from Mercer County,
- a 79-year old male from McDowell County,
- a 76-year old male from Mingo County,
- a 79-year old female from Mason County.
“The West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources reports as of February 6, 2021, there have been 1,983,050 total confirmatory laboratory results received for COVID-19, with 124,190 total cases and 2,119 total deaths,” according to press release.
About 16,886 West Virginia cases remain active, according DHHR data. Of the cases that are no longer active, 105,185 people have recovered and 2,119 have died. The daily percent positive was 4.1%.
A total of 101,352 people have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in West Virginia, meaning they have received both doses of the vaccine, the DHHR said.
CASES PER COUNTY: Barbour (1,146), Berkeley (9,156), Boone (1,474), Braxton (755), Brooke (1,940), Cabell (7,263), Calhoun (216), Clay (362), Doddridge (427), Fayette (2,478), Gilmer (659), Grant (1,015), Greenbrier (2,309), Hampshire (1,427), Hancock (2,527), Hardy (1,239), Harrison (4,607), Jackson (1,598), Jefferson (3,421), Kanawha (11,347), Lewis (904), Lincoln (1,154), Logan (2,529), Marion (3,488), Marshall (2,890), Mason (1,701), McDowell (1,287), Mercer (3,987), Mineral (2,522), Mingo (1,997), Monongalia (7,299), Monroe (900), Morgan (882), Nicholas (1,089), Ohio (3,463), Pendleton (598), Pleasants (778), Pocahontas (568), Preston (2,459), Putnam (3,940), Raleigh (4,315), Randolph (2,264), Ritchie (577), Roane (476), Summers (681), Taylor (1,039), Tucker (476), Tyler (588), Upshur (1,569), Wayne (2,452), Webster (272), Wetzel (1,027), Wirt (331), Wood (6,669), Wyoming (1,653).