The Upshur County Senior Center is currently hiring a part-time cook. Check out the job description below or click here to apply.
Buckhannon, WV 26201
Salary: $9.00 to $9.50 /hour
Job Title: Cook
LAST UPDATED: 09/20/2019
CLASSIFICATION: Non–Exempt, 12 month
SUPERVISOR: Nutrition Site Supervisor, Head Cook
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
( ) Full-time ( X ) Part-time ( ) Temporary
SCHEDULE: 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM or as assigned
- Must maintain a Food Handler’s Card.
- Minimum one (1) years recent experience as a cook with responsibility for preparing food, assisting with inventory, serving consumers in a direct setting preferred.
- General Requirements:
- Basic working knowledge of computer systems, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Demonstrate verbal and written communication skills.
- High energy level, comfortable performing in a busy, interactive work environment.
- Ability to work with a variety of staff members and show critical thinking skills.
- Must clear West Virginia Department of Human Services background check.
DUTIES AND REPSONSIBILITIES * Assists the Nutrition Site employees in food preparation, serving, and sanitation of environment.
- Prep supplies and foods for the next day’s meals.
- Maintain the sanitation of all materials, preparation spaces, and the cafeteria with the assistance of other staff members according to regulations and guidelines.
- Keep all storage spaces organized, maintain a rotation of all dry goods.
- Assist in the training of new Nutrition Site employees.
- Perform runs to Walmart or Wendling’s to purchase emergency items when needed.
- Assist with the assembly of shelf-stable meals for clients when the Senior Center is closed.
- Delivers meals to the Manor and surrounding route, when needed.
- Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisors.
- Ability to maintain physical condition and stamina appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include standing, lifting, and walking for extended periods of time and interacting with clients at the appropriate eye level or other duties as assigned.
- The usual requirements in an kitchen environment may require lifting boxes of supplies, equipment and occasional adjustments of equipment.
- Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting and/or moving up to 25lbs.
- Ability to travel for activities such as meetings, classes, and workshops in and out of the service area.
Interested? Click here to apply.