Hello Upshur County, my name is Charlene Shaffer Dean, and I am running for the West Virginia House of Delegates, 45th District.
Faith, courage and integrity – These are the principles I stand on.
First and foremost, I am a devout born-again Christian who was born and raised in Upshur County. My late father was Charles R. Shaffer, who served our community in the House of Delegates for nine consecutive terms with dignity. He also served as county commissioner and was a dedicated and beloved school teacher.
I am the daughter, sister, wife and mother of those who have served with dignity in the various branches of the military. This has instilled a deep sense of gratitude and respect for our service members.
- I am pro-life
- I have signed the petition for term limits
- I want to work to reduce the West Virginia gas tax rate
- I fully support the Second Amendment
- I want to work with teachers, law enforcement and local pastors to develop a plan and solution for our current drug epidemic
- I fully support and will work alongside our teachers, law enforcement and veterans to represent them with fervor and dignity
This is just a snapshot of my motto – the beliefs and desires to represent our great community. More than anything I want all residents of Upshur County to have their voices heard. I firmly believe one person can make a difference to renew our county to be viewed as one of the best counties in West Virginia.
I would appreciate your vote on June 9. Together we can make a difference!
Paid for by the Committee to Elect Charlene “Shaffer” Dean