Weyerhaeuser’s engineered lumber facility in Buckhannon, W.Va. is accepting applications for an Industrial Electrician team member. They are seeking an individual who is committed to safety, has a positive attitude, excellent work ethic, and a desire to work in a manufacturing facility to join the team.
The Industrial Electrician will have thorough and comprehensive knowledge of electrical equipment, processes, and techniques to repair, modify, install, and maintain the facility and high-tech lumber manufacturing equipment.
NOTE: Starting pay is up to $30/hr.
- Position requires total commitment to safety and efficient maintenance operations
- All Applicants must have a high school education or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be willing and able to work rotating shifts, to include weekends and holidays as operating conditions require
- Must be willing and able to perform the essential physical functions of the position such as but not limited to; the ability to climb stairs and ladders, navigate catwalks, lifting / pushing (50lbs), stooping, and bending, and use aerial work platforms, fork trucks and manlifts at all heights and locations in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to work in elevated/low temperatures (heat and cold) throughout the plant for the assigned shift
- Basic knowledge of computers, i.e. Windows, MS Office, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot using blueprints, schematics, computers and appropriate test equipment.
- General knowledge of test equipment such as multi-meters, oscilloscopes, and tools of the electrical trade.
- General knowledge of electrical conduit bending and assembly.
- General knowledge of single phase and 3 phase electrical systems.
- Knowledge of the NEC and NFPA70E.
- Must be able to function independently and in a team environment.
- Must be willing to travel to off-site training classes as offered.
- Applicants will be required to pass the APT Metrics online electrical assessment.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment examination, drug test and background check
Value added qualifications:
- Electrical certifications, i.e. MSHA certifications, WV Electrician License, formal education or training (list certifications on job application).
- Will be required to provide proof of safety related courses or certifications.
- Experience with PLC’s, AC & DC drives.
- Mechanical operations (hydraulics, pneumatics, etc.)
- SAP or other enterprise software
- Experience with instrumentation, HVAC, communications systems, etc.
- Highly motivated with the ability to learn and adapt
About Wood Products – We’ve been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support. For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
About Weyerhaeuser – We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team.