BUCKHANNON — Jim Parsons of Normantown’s 1938 Ford convertible was named Best of Show at the Inaugural Jenkins Ford Car Show for Pancreatic Cancer Research. Even with the rainy weather, 53 cars participated, including one from Paducah, KY, and two cars registered by two pancreatic cancer survivors. Over $10,000 was raised for the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (PanCAN).
The staff of Jenkins Ford is well known for its many contributions to the community, and this show hit close to home as one of Jenkins’ former employees, Jim Fetty, passed away from pancreatic cancer. Jim’s first full-time job was at Jenkins Ford.
Annette Fetty-Santilli, Jim’s sister and Community Representative for the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network, said, “We are very grateful to John Jenkins, his family, and staff, members of the Buckhannon Car Club, as well as dozens of other volunteers for all their hard work. This event would not have happened without all the contributions. I’d also like to thank all those who contributed to the auction and all those who bought items.”
Other car winners included:
- Jenkins Choice – Tug Ross – Coalton – 1977 Ford Bronco
- PanCAN Choice – Stalnaker Brothers – Lumberport – 1978 – VW – Bus and Camper (Selected and presented by Stephanie Santilli PanCAN Volunteer and niece of Jim Fetty)
- Queen’s Choice (Selected by Madison Cutright, National United States Pre-Teen Queen who lost her great grandmother MayBell Boone to pancreatic cancer) Jim Westfall, Rock Cave, 1963 Ford Fairlane 500 Sports Coupe
- Oldest Vehicle – James Stalnaker – Buckhannon – 1925 Ford T-Bucket
- Best Foreign Car – Tracy Polce – Coalton – 1967 VW Beetle
- Best Dodge – Bobbie Randolph – Buckhannon – 1971 Dodge Challenger
- Best Rat Rod – Robert Grose – Buckhannon – 1973 Plymouth Road Runner
- Best Chevy – Jim Gifford – Buckhannon – 1969 Chevy Chevelle
- Best Ford – Tom Shaw – Buckhannon – 1977 Ford Bronco
- Traveled the Longest Distance – Joe Ford – Paducah, KY, (655 Miles), 2019 Ford Mustang
The Top 20 were Ralph Quick (Buckhannon), 1936 Pontiac Silver Streak; John Currence (Buckhannon}, 1967 Ford F100; David Loudin (Buckhannon), 1951 Ford 100; Angie Taralla (Rivesville), 2014 Ford Rousch Mustang; Harry Hornbeck (Buckhannon), 1989 Chevy Corvette; Glenn Bragg (Weston) Ford F-150; Mike Polce (Coalton), 1956 F100; Ron Fawley, (Morgantown), 1969 Chevy Chevelle: George Tenney (French Creek), 1928 Ford Model A; Willie Randolph (Buckhannon), 1970 Plymouth; Glenn Bee (Morgantown), 1972 Pontiac; Cindy Police (Coalton), 1972 VW Beetle; Jen Truman (Jane Lew), 2000 Chevy Corvette; Dave Hamrick (Hamrick), 1951 Chevy Truck; Rodney Rovello (Buckhannon), 1967 Chevy Chevelle; Gary Martin (Carolina), 1973 Plymouth Roadrunner; Scott Hardy (Buckhannon), 1976 Ford PickUp; Jeff Patterson (Buckhannon), 1966 Buick; Darren and Pamela Glover (Buckhannon), 2022 Ford Mustang GT; and, Lisa Shaw (Buckhannon), 1971 Ford Bronco.