BUCKHANNON, W.Va. — Students from Fred W. Eberle Technical Center participated in the West Virginia State SkillsUSA Contest on Friday, March 26. SkillsUSA is a national organization of students, instructors, and industry professionals who are involved in career and technical education. Secondary and post-secondary students from FETC’s Carpentry, Cosmetology, Electrical Technology, and Information Technology programs competed in a local SkillsUSA contest earlier this school year.
Local winners from FETC then had the opportunity to be participants in the state SkillsUSA contest, which was administered across the state of West Virginia on March 26.
During the virtual competitions, which were held remotely this year due to COVID-19 safety protocols, students went head-to-head with local contest winners from other CTE centers in the state.
Updated with the state competition results that were announced April 1:
- Cedric Grace: Gold medal in Electrical Construction Wiring
- Tyler Dunn: Silver medal in Electrical Construction Wiring
- Natasha Quinn: Silver medial in Esthetics
- Emily Smith: Bronze medal in Cosmetology
- Jordan Wills: Silver medal in Information Technology Services (Post-secondary)
- Christopher Burkhammer: Silver medal in Information Technology Services (Secondary)
- Sean Fitzsimmons: Silver medal in Carpentry (Post-secondary)
- Michael Riley: Silver medal in Carpentry (Secondary)
FETC’s local contest winners were as follows:
- Michael Riley (Secondary Carpentry)
- Shawn Fitzsimmons (Post-Secondary Carpentry)
- Emily Smith (Secondary Cosmetology)
- Emma Louk (Post-Secondary Nails)
- Natasha Quinn (Post-Secondary Esthetics)
- Melissa Williams (Post-Secondary Cosmetology)
- Tyler Dunn (Secondary Electrical Construction Wiring)
- Cedric Grace (Post-Secondary Electrical Construction Wiring)
- Hunter Burkhammer (Secondary Information Technology Services)
- Jordan Wells (Post-Secondary Information Technology