Editor’s note: The following is a press release sent out by the Buckhannon-Upshur Chamber of Commerce on behalf of Create Buckhannon.
BUCKHANNON — Welcome to Create Buckhannon’s 2021 Leadership Academy. Learn how Buckhannon and Upshur County government and organizations work. Become an active part of the community.
The program starts February 10th and will continue for 10 weeks, meeting virtually each Wednesday evening from 6-9 p.m. The cost is $25, which must be paid in advance. Space is limited to 30 participants. Leadership CEUs hopefully will be available with some extra homework through the University of Charleston.
To reserve your space, please use the following link: https://forms.gle/2AodQ17bC9tSa9Ar9
Leadership Academy Schedule
- February 10th – Introduction, Buckhannon City Government
- February 17th – Upshur County Commission
- February 24th – Education
- March 3rd – Development
- March 10th – Youth Activities
- March 17th – Law Enforcement; judicial
- March 24th – Transportation; protection
- March 31st – BREAK FOR EASTER
- April 7th – Health and Illness Care
- April 14th – Employment; recreation
- April 21st – Graduation! (If possible, we will plan to host an in-person banquet for Graduation of the 2021 Leadership Academy.)