The Upshur County Senior Center is hiring! The Buckhannon-based center is currently looking for a Direct Care Worker / Home Care Aide.
If you want to make a difference through the work that you do, this is the job for you! Applicants over 60 encouraged to apply.
Part-time salary: $8.75 /hour
- Abide by HIPPA laws to keep protected health information confidential
- Maintain a positive attitude toward clients and staff
- Maintain excellent daily logs for each client assigned
- Be able to assist with the following as detailed by assignment: bathing, assistance with ambulation, assistance with dressing and grooming, oral care, skin care, assistance with toileting, etc.
- Assist with household tasks, such as: meal planning and preparation, light housekeeping, laundry, grocery shopping, medical appointments, etc.
- Emotionally mature
- Able to lift 50lbs as part of daily job tasks
- A motivated and personable individual
- Willingness to learn new tasks and information about the seniors he or she serves
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to follow directions and protocol
Click here to apply!