BUCKHANNON – Upshur County Schools will hold school-specific training for active shooter response as part of our ongoing effort to support the safety of the students and staff.
Scheduled training will be held at each school in Upshur County. Staff are expected to attend the training session, but students will not attend school on the exercise day. The training sessions for staff will include Run-Hide-Fight/Avoid-Deny-Defend, room-specific exercises, training on the sounds of firearms, Stop the Bleed training, and identification of improvised explosive devices.
The school system is proud to partner with the Upshur County Sheriff’s Department, the Buckhannon Police Department, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives. The dates for training are as follows:
- Buckhannon Academy Elementary School – 9/23/2022
- Tennerton Elementary School – 9/30/2022
- French Creek Elementary School – 10/3/2022
- Buckhannon-Upshur Middle School – 10/10/2022
- Rock Cave Elementary School – 10/13/2022
- Buckhannon Upshur High School – 10/17/2022
- Hodgesville Elementary School – 10/28/2022
- Washington District Elementary School – 11/4/2022
- Union Elementary School – 11/7/2022