BUCKHANNON – The Upshur County Commission officially approved a timeframe for Trick or Treating during their Thursday meeting.
The commission voted to hold Trick-or-Treat in the county on Saturday, Oct. 30 from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Those times coincide with the City of Buckhannon.
In other Upshur County Commission news:
* Commissioners appointed Laura Rusimell to the Upshur County Farmland Preservation and Protection Board. The commission considered two applicants who emailed letters of interest, William A. “Willie” Parker and Laura Rusimell. Jennifer Bostian, director for the Upshur County Development Authority, recommended Rusimell for the position.
“I nominated Laura Rusimell, and she sent in a letter of interest,” Bostian said. “I don’t know the other party, but I thought it would be beneficial to the Farmland Preservation and Protection Board to have some real estate expertise on the panel, and she certainly brings that. She has 26 years of experience in real estate, so that was my thought on nominating, and we need to get that spot filled.”
Rusimell’s term will be effective immediately and expire on June 30, 2022.
* Commissioners also considered two letters of interest for the vacant community representative seat for the Upshur County Safe Sites and Structures Enforcement Agency. Jerry Wamsley and Parker expressed interest in the position, but the commissioners voted to table the appointment until the agency could give a recommendation during their Oct. 14 meeting.
* Commissioners approved a memorandum from Tabatha Perry, Assistant County Administrator / DHSEM Assistant Director, requesting the appointment of Adam Brumley, Upshur County Parks and Recreation Facilities Director, as the county commission representative on the Wes-Mon-Ty Resource Conservation and Development Board of Directors, effective immediately. Upon approval, his term will expire on June 30, 2023
* Commissioners approved the appointment of Lewis–Upshur Animal Control Facility volunteer David William Hayhurst.
* Commissioners approved correspondence from Kimbra Wachob, Upshur County Emergency Communications Center Assistant Director, requesting the employment of Brittany Wood and Marissa Taylor as full-time telecommunicators, effective October 4, 2021.