BUCKHANNON – Early voting for the May 10 primary election kicks off April 27.
Upshur County Clerk Carol Smith said absentee ballot applications can be turned in now; the last day an absentee ballot request may be accepted/received by mail is Wednesday, May 4. Applications for obtaining an absentee ballot can be found at upshurcounty.org or govotewv.com.
Registering to vote or updating voter information must be done by April 19, and that can also be completed by visiting the above websites.
Local voters can expect a letter in March or early April from Upshur County Clerk’s Office if their voting precinct has changed. A previous My Buckhannon article outlined these district changes that were implemented due to census updates.
“We are still working in our statewide voter registration system to get voters moved,” Smith said Monday. “I think we’re about 50 percent through and my hope is that everybody will be notified by the last day of March or the first of April, and everybody should get their new voters registration cards and they’ll know what precincts to go to.”
Smith urged residents to check their mail and not to throw away any letters from the Upshur County Clerk’s Office. She also reminded voters in Precinct 9 that their voting location moved to City Hall — 70 East Main Street in Buckhannon.
A sample ballot for the upcoming election will be posted later on the county clerk’s website. A list of important dates and deadlines can also be found on that site.
Early Voting Schedule
- Wednesday, April 27, 2022: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday, April 28, 2022: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Friday, April 29, 2022: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday, April 30, 2022: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (First Saturday of Early Voting)
- Monday, May 2, 2022: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 3, 2022: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 4, 2022: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday, May 5, 2022: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Friday, May 6, 2022: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday, May 7, 2022: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Second Saturday of Early Voting)
- Early voting is held at the Upshur County Courthouse, 40 W. Main St. in Buckhannon
- Tuesday, May 10, 2022 polls open 6:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.