Mon Health SJMH staff member Kate Anderson is organizing a Thanksgiving morning 5K walk run event in Weston for the second year. The event has been named a Gobbler Gallop and will wind through Weston’s downtown, starting at the Weston Fire Department at 9 a.m. that morning.
Interested racers can register at Webscorer – Race ID 166780.
This event is part of the effort to encourage health and wellness in the area. SJMH has collaborated with several local organizations to have at least one walk/run a month. The Hospital started its wellness effort 12 years ago when working with the City of Weston and Saint Patrick School in the first Weston 5K Walk/Run. The annual April event draws between 100 and 200 participants. The hospital recently organized a group of other like minded groups and individuals as Pace Yourself Lewis County.
During 2020, Pace Yourself Lewis County has organized a 12-race circuit in the county. When a racer signs up for the first race in January, he/she will also order a special shirt. At each of the other races, a representative of Hometown Outfitters will be at the race to apply a race-specific patch to the shirt.
Other participating organizations include the, the 4-H Leaders Clover Run, Ireland’s Irish Spring Run, and most recently the successful Relay for Life’s Cancer Walk Run at WVU Jackson’s Mill in September.
The next list of races include:
- November 28 – Gobbler Gallop, 9 a.m. Weston Fire Dept.
- December 14 – Cocoa and Cookies Walk Run at SJMH, 10 a.m. on the back track
- January 11, 2020 – Winter Snowball Walk Run at SJMH
- February 1, 2020 – Ground Hog Walk Run at SJMH
- March 15, 2020 – Irish Spring Festival Run at noon
- April 18, 2020 – Weston 5 K in Downtown Weston at 10 a.m.
- May 2, 2020 – LC Chamber of Commerce Adult Olympics at Jane Lew Park
- June, 2020 – Lightburn Run at Jane Lew
- July 11, 2020 – Fireworks Run at Stonewall Resort
- August 15, 2020 – US Public Health Officers 5K at 9 a.m. in Weston
- September 2020 – Relay for Life of Lewis County at Jackson’s Mill
- October 24 – 4-H Cloverleaf Walk Run at Jackson’s Mill
- November 26, 2020 – 3rd Annual Gobble Gallop in Weston at 9 a.m.
- December 12, 2020 – 3rd Annual Cocoa and Cookies Walk Run at SJMH at 10 a.m.
The cost for the Gobbler Gallop is $20. Call marketing at 304-269-8167 for more information.