SOUTH CHARLESTON, W.VA. — The West Virginia Natural Resources Commission is amending its May 31 meeting agenda and moving a discussion on proposed changes to the annual bag limit for antlered bucks to its August meeting so hunters have more time to submit comments.
“We’ve gotten a lot of great feedback from hunters over the last week and want to give folks more time to respond,” said West Virginia Division of Natural Resources Director Stephen McDaniel.
The proposed change to the annual bag limit for antlered bucks would lower the limit from three to two per year. The commission will take up the consideration when it meets again on Aug. 4 and accept comments from the public on the proposal through July 24, 2020.
Those who wish to submit comments must do so by email or mail and closely follow these guidelines:
- All comments must include the name of the person submitting the comment, the city and state where they reside and any organization the individual is representing.
- Typed comments are the preferred method of comment submission.
- Typed comments may not exceed one standard 8.5-inch by 11-inch page in length.
- All typed comments should be in 12 point Times New Roman font with page margins no smaller than one inch on all sides.
- Handwritten comments are acceptable but must be legible and limited to no more than one side of a standard 8.5-inch by 11-inch piece of paper.
- Comments must be submitted by email to email@example.com or sent by mail to the following address:
West Virginia Division of Natural Resources
C/O Director Stephen McDaniel
324 4th Avenue
South Charleston, WV 25303
How to Attend the NRC’s May 31 Meeting
The Natural Resources Commission wants to remind hunters and anglers that its May 31 meeting will be conducted in a virtual format. The meeting will start at 1 p.m. and members of the public can watch the meeting live by tuning in on WVDNR’s Facebook page or on the West Virginia Department of Commerce’s YouTube channel. A call-in number is also available for those who wish to access the meeting by phone. Please note, those who call-in will not be able to see presentations throughout the meeting. To access the meeting by phone, members of the public can call 1-681-245-6817 and use this Conference ID: 401 058 44#
- Review, Correct and Approve the Minutes of the February 23, 2020 Meeting
- Presentation – Southwick License Structure Survey Results, Southwick Associates
- Summary of the 2020 Sectional Meetings – Sportsmen and Landowners Questionnaire
- Approve 2020-2021 Big Game Hunting Regulations
- Review Proposed 2021-2022 Hunting and Trapping Regulations
- Review and Approve 2020 State Park Deer Hunts
- Review Proposed 2021 Fishing Regulations
- Proposed 2021 Reptile and Amphibian Regulations
- Public Comments
- Director McDaniel’s Comments
- Next Meeting Date and Location