REQUEST FOR APPLICANTS
FULL TIME POSITION – UPSHUR COUNTY MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT
The Upshur County Commission is seeking qualified applicants to join the Maintenance Department. The Department performs maintenance and new construction on all county owned facilities and properties. Join the team and enjoy your family on the evenings and weekends with excellent benefits and at least 14 paid holidays per year!
Qualifications: A Journeyman’s Electrical License, HVAC License and experience in commercial construction is preferred. Successful applicants must represent themselves and the County in a professional manner and have good communication skills. Duties include, but are not limited to: electrical installation and servicing, HVAC installation and servicing, concrete repair, block work, plumbing, drywall and carpet installation, painting, roof replacement, heavy equipment operation, grounds keeping, snow removal, equipment repair, etc.
- This position involves strenuous physical activity
- A background check will be conducted
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Working hours are 7:30 am – 3:30 pm Monday through Friday (Spring-Fall) and 6:00 am – 2:00 pm as needed during inclement Winter weather
- Starting salary based on experience
- Excellent County benefits
- Overtime, travel, weekends and evenings are rarely required.
- Opportunity for advancement
Applications may be picked up at:
Upshur County Administrative Annex
91 W. Main St., Suite 101
Buckhannon, WV 26201
Application and resumes must be received by 4:30 pm on Tuesday, September 3, 2019. Please do not make phone inquiries about this position. Employment with Upshur County is available to all qualified applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, creed, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or handicap. Upshur County has established a drug free and tobacco free work environment.
PDF copies of applications are available at: http://www.upshurcounty.org/government/commission_office/job_postings.php#revize_document_center_rz122