Students file back into Tennerton Elementary School Wednesday morning following a false alarm.

False alarm results in evacuation of Tennerton Elementary School Wednesday morning

TENNERTON — Students were evacuated from Tennerton Elementary School late Wednesday morning following a fire scare that turned out to be a false alarm.

Firefighter Linn Baxa with the Buckhannon Fire Department said smoke from a nearby home’s chimney had blown into the school via the HVAC system, causing a scare.

“It was just a false alarm,” Baxa said. “It wasn’t even actual smoke. What we think happened is the smell of smoke from the chimney of the house behind the school blew into the building.”

Per protocol, students were evacuated to Horizons Church, but once the alarm was cleared, they returned to the building.

Although Wednesday morning’s fire alarm turned out to be just a scare, the fire hazard risk today is high. Check out this article for more information.

News Feed

Subscribe to remove popups, or just enjoy this free story and support our local businesses!