Fairmont State College of Liberal Arts, Performing and Community Arts announces an exciting lineup for the Spring 2023 season. In addition to the five large-scale performances, children and adults can join in and explore the performing and visual arts this fall through various community opportunities.
The Fall 2022 season performances are as follows:
- Song of Hope Concert for the Tygart Valley United Way, March 31, 7:30 p.m.
- Town and Gown Players Summer auditions March 19, 20, and 21
- Black Diamond Philharmonic, Thursday, March 23, 7:30 p.m. (free event)
- Fairmont State University Faculty Recital, Thursday, April 14, 7:30 p.m. (free event)
- Wind Ensemble Concert, Thursday, April 20, 7:30 p.m. (free event)
- Collegiate Singers and Community Choir concert, Friday, April 28, 7:30 p.m. (free event)
- Academy for the Arts Youth Theatre Company Presents Disney’s Beauty and the Beast Jr, May 18-21
- Town and Gown Players Present Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, June 16-18 and June 21-25
“Our Spring season is full of opportunities for the entire community. From free concerts and art classes to beautiful large-scale theatre productions, the community-based performing arts continue to grow at Fairmont State.” Said Leigh Anne Riley, Director of Performing Arts Outreach & Development. “This season is all about live entertainment in Wallman Hall. Our Academy for the Arts and Town and Gown Theatre productions of Disney’s Beauty and the Beast Jr. and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat will be a magical delight for all-ages audiences. The Black Diamond Philharmonic Concert and Song of Hope Concert for the Tygart Valley United Way are truly not to be missed.”
Many of the events this Spring season are free to the public; additional information can be found on the Fairmont State Community Arts Facebook Page @FairmontStateAcademyfortheArts and at fairmontstate.edu/collegeofliberalarts/community-arts.
Tickets for events can be purchased or downloaded at fairmontstate.edu/boxoffice.