Dog safe after home catches fire on Fayette Street while residents were away

BUCKHANNON – No one was injured in a structure fire at 86 Fayette Street on Sunday morning.

Buckhannon firefighter Shane Jenkins said they responded to the fire at about 11:08 a.m. The home received some damage to the drywall and flooring, but Jenkins said the most extensive damage was from the smoke.

“It’s definitely not suspicious,” Jenkins said. “We think it may have been electrical in nature.”

No residents were home at the time of the fire, but a dog did make it out of the structure. The fire was extinguished at about 11:40 a.m.

News Feed

Subscribe to remove popups, or just enjoy this free story and support our local businesses!