CHARLESTON, WV – The West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection (WVDEP) is now taking submissions for the 20th Annual 2023 Adopt-A-Highway “Roadsides in Bloom” calendar contest. The deadline for entries is Thursday, Sept. 15.
The following rules for the contest apply:
- Photos must be taken in West Virginia. The photo must contain flowers growing along the road and the road must be visible in the frame.
- Entries must be in electronic format and can be submitted online or to email@example.com as email attachments. Entries can also be submitted using CD or USB Drive and mailed to: WVDEP REAP, Adopt-A-Highway Program, 601 57th Street S.E., Charleston, WV 25304. (Mark envelope “RIB Calendar Contest.”)
- Photo entries must be submitted in landscape orientation and dimensions capable of an 8″x10″ print in high resolution. Print quality demands the photos have a resolution of 300 pixels per inch (ppi) or better. Low resolution images may be inadequate and not considered.
- Name, address, phone number, e-mail address, a short description of the most prominent flower depicted, and location and county where the photo was taken must be included with each photo entry.
- Photos become the property of the state and will not be returned.
- No more than three entries may be submitted per person and no more than one entry per person will be selected.