The West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources announced Thursday that 393 new cases of COVID-19 have been identified in the Mountain State.
Two additional Upshur County residents have died from the virus, the DHHR said: a 90-year-old male and an 84-year-old male.
Locally, new cases were reported in Barbour (1), Lewis (5), Randolph (2) and Webster (1) counties on Thursday.
A total of 30 cases are currently active in Upshur County, according to the DHHR.
Sixteen additional deaths have been attributed to the disease statewide, according to the DHHR:
- a 90-year old male from Upshur County,
- an 84-year old male from Upshur County,
- an 80-year old female from Kanawha County,
- an 80-year old male from Jefferson County,
- an 80-year old female from Pendleton County,
- a 65-year old female from Jackson County,
- a 55-year old male from Cabell County,
- a 53-year old female from Marshall County,
- a 78-year old female from Lincoln County,
- a 76-year old male from Marion County,
- a 92-year old male from Wayne County,
- an 85-year old female from Braxton County,
- a 62-year old male from Putnam County,
- a 56-year old male from Nicholas County,
- a 92-year old female from Brooke County,
- a 58-year old female from Nicholas County.
“The passing of these West Virginians is reported with great sadness and we extend our sympathies to their loved ones,” Bill J. Crouch, DHHR Cabinet Secretary, said in a press release.
According to the DHHR, “as of April 15, 2021, there have been 2,581,721 total confirmatory laboratory results received for COVID-19, with 147,596 total cases and 2,772 total deaths.”
About 7,295 West Virginia cases remain active, according DHHR data. Of the cases that are no longer active, 137,529 people have recovered and 2,772 have died. The daily percent positive was 3.80%.
A total of 480,324 people have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in West Virginia, meaning they have received both doses of the vaccine, the DHHR said.
CASES PER COUNTY: Barbour (1,338), Berkeley (11,441), Boone (1,855), Braxton (860), Brooke (2,108), Cabell (8,588), Calhoun (271), Clay (448), Doddridge (536), Fayette (3,228), Gilmer (734), Grant (1,237), Greenbrier (2,587), Hampshire (1,681), Hancock (2,693), Hardy (1,424), Harrison (5,349), Jackson (1,887), Jefferson (4,296), Kanawha (13,893), Lewis (1,131), Lincoln (1,386), Logan (2,988), Marion (4,102), Marshall (3,254), Mason (1,925), McDowell (1,462), Mercer (4,541), Mineral (2,743), Mingo (2,404), Monongalia (8,911), Monroe (1,063), Morgan (1,069), Nicholas (1,477), Ohio (4,003), Pendleton (678), Pleasants (830), Pocahontas (634), Preston (2,798), Putnam (4,764), Raleigh (6,047), Randolph (2,489), Ritchie (653), Roane (575), Summers (749), Taylor (1,194), Tucker (524), Tyler (669), Upshur (1,811), Wayne (2,808), Webster (454), Wetzel (1,180), Wirt (376), Wood (7,554), Wyoming (1,896).