The Upshur County Department of Homeland Security and Homeland Security and Emergency Management would like to reminds residents to take extra caution during high heat.
Here are some additional tips for staying safe in the heat:
- Make sure to stay hydrated and drink a lot of water!
- DO NOT LEAVE CHILDREN IN VEHICLES
- Wear loose fitting, light colored clothes during hot weather
- Always check on your friends and neighbors, especially those who are seniors or have young children.
- Check on pets! Make sure pets have access to plenty of shade, are not left in vehicles and have plenty of water.