The Buckhannon Fire Department responded to a structure fire believed to have originated in the kitchen of this residence.

BUCKHANNON – One individual was transported to the hospital to be monitored for minor smoke inhalation following a structure fire Tuesday afternoon on the Old Weston Road.

Buckhannon Fire Chief J.B. Kimble said the department responded to a fire in the 1000 block of the Old Weston Road at 2:29 p.m. Kimble said the fire likely originated from something being cooked on the stove.

Kimble said damage was contained to the stove and some of the kitchen cabinets, which sustained smoke damage. Upshur County EMS transported one person to St. Joseph’s Hospital for minor smoke inhalation.

The fire is not considered suspicious.