BUCKHANNON – Application for the position of Brushy Fork Event Center Manager will be received by the City of Buckhannon, City Hall, 70 E Main St., Buckhannon, WV 26201 until October 20, 2023.
Job Summary: Under limited supervision, the Brushy Fork Event Center Manager is responsible for overall coordination of the Event Center at Brushy Fork, including: promote the venue, partner with local resources, maintain proper, part time staffing for all events, communicate with clients, prepare contracts, maintain paperwork, provide financial reports, and manage staff.
This is a full-time position with the City of Buckhannon that includes benefits including sick and vacation time, retirement and health insurance.
The position requires a strongly self motivated individual that will aggressively promote and book events, while managing and assisting in all aspects of the operation and growth of the Event Center.
- Network with area partners and vendors to create and develop new revenue generating events.
- Successfully book and manage events.
- Responsive to all clients and vendors in a timely manner. Provide estimated pricing and secure signed contracts.
- Offer facility tours to current and potential clients. Maintain a community presence and voice through community groups, social media, and local government.
- Oversee and assist staff to prepare the venue and rooms for event.
- Maintain an Events Calendar and have continuous contact with clients before, during and after each event to assure arrangements are satisfactory.
- Ensure all contracts are signed and adhered to by all parties. Ensure payments are received in a timely manner.
- Conduct administrative tasks such as invoicing and reporting.
- Oversee the maintenance and care of venue equipment and inventory on a regular basis.
- Ensure all services are completed in a cost-effective, timely and professional manner.
- Manage staff. Ensure all events are adequately staffed, oversee scheduling, training and delegate responsibilities.
- Work to cultivate a strong, viable relationship with all facility partners.
- Work irregular schedule / hours.
- Physically capable of lifting up to 50 pounds
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Excellent knowledge of computers, Microsoft Office, data – entry and maintain accurate records, as well as possess presentation skills.
- Ability to organize and supervise all sizes of groups and diverse types of events, enforce policies and procedures, make mature judgments, and work irregular hours.
Compensation for this position will be negotiated with the applicant and will be based on qualifications and experience. The City of Buckhannon is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.