The Upshur County Commission is seeking qualified applicants to join the Maintenance Department. The Department performs maintenance and new construction on all county owned facilities and properties. Join our team and enjoy your family on the evenings and weekends with excellent benefits and at least 12 paid holidays per year!
Qualifications: An electrical license and experience in construction is preferred. Successful applicants must represent themselves and the County in a professional manner and have good communication skills. Duties include, but are not limited to: HVAC installation and servicing, electrical installation and servicing, concrete repair, block work, plumbing, drywall and carpet installation, painting, roof replacement, heavy equipment operation, grounds keeping, snow removal, equipment repair, etc.
- This position involves strenuous physical activity
- A background check will be conducted
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Working hours are 7:00 am – 3:00 pm Monday through Friday (Spring-Fall) and 6:00 am – 2:00 pm as needed during inclement Winter weather with a 30-minute paid lunch
- Starting wage based on experience
- Excellent County benefits
- Overtime, travel, weekends and evenings are rarely required.
Applications may be picked up at Upshur County Administrative Annex 91 W. Main St., Suite 101 Buckhannon, WV 26201.
Application and resumes received by 4:00 pm on Friday, April 7, 2023 will be reviewed; however, applications may be considered until position is filled.
Please do not make phone inquiries about this position. Employment with Upshur County is available to all qualified applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, creed, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or handicap. Upshur County has established a drug free and tobacco free work environment.