The West Virginia Wesleyan football team will play its final game of the year on the road versus Glenville State University Saturday (Nov. 12). The game is slated to begin at 1:00 p.m.
- Quick Hits
- Nathan Payne has completed 139 passes for 1,657 yards and eight touchdowns. Payne has the sixth-highest passing yards in the Mountain East Conference.
- Sophomore running back Javian Tomlinson leads Wesleyan in rushing attempts (120) and rushing yards (396).
- Devin Washington has been the go-to man for the Bobcats when they need a big play. Washington is third in the MEC in total receiving yards (764) and second in yards per game (84.9).
- Richmond, Va. native Deontre Logan makes opposing teams aware of him on the field. Logan has a team-leading 95 tackles, 10.5 tackles for loss, and three sacks.
- Ely Ghameshlougy, a freshman from Woodbridge, Va., has been a welcome addition to the Bobcat defense. Ghameshlougy has had an interception in consecutive weeks. The defensive back also makes plays inside the tackle box, with 59 tackles on the season.
- A Blackshear, Ga. native, Matthews has made 57 stops in his fourth season donning the Black & Orange.
- Sophomore Donovan Woods has two interceptions, six pass breakups, and two fumble recoveries.
- WVWC alum Dwayne Martin is in his second year at the helm of Wesleyan football.
Scouting Glenville State
Glenville State enters the final week of the season with a 6-4 overall record and a 5-4 record in the Mountain East Conference. Freshmen quarterback Anthony Garrett has come on strong for the Pioneers averaging 236.80 yards per game and throwing for nine touchdowns. Alfred Menjor handles the ball-carrying duties for Glenville, averaging 74.50 rushing yards per game, has a net total of 745 yards on the year. Javian Bellamy has 817 receiving yards on the year to go with eight touchdowns.
Defensively, Seth Arnold leads the Pioneers with 86 tackles and 7.5 tackles for loss. Defensive linemen Marion Lawson likes to disrupt the backfield tallying 4.5 sacks on the year. Dane Lynch Jr. has proved to be an issue for opposing quarterbacks coming down with three interceptions on the season to Glenville`s defensive backfield.
Mike Kellar is entering his fourth season as the head football coach for the Pioneers.