Editor’s note: The following is a public service announcement from the Upshur County Public Library in Tennerton regarding its three-phase reopening plan, which will begin Monday, June 1.
TENNERTON — The Upshur County Public is excited to announce that it will begin a three-stage reopening plan on Monday, June 1, 2020.
Hours of library service will be:
- Monday – 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday – 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Wednesday — 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday – 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Friday – 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Beginning Monday, June 1, we will be offering curbside delivery for books, DVDS and audio books. Patrons wishing to request items may call 304-473-4219, ett. 14, email email@example.com, or message us on Facebook to request items.
- When items are requested, we will respond to your request to schedule a time for you to pick up your items.
- Patrons may request specific titles, works by specific authors, or works in a particular genre. All items for each request will be checked out on the same card, and we are temporarily raising the DVD limit to seven titles at one time.
- Patrons needing fax or notary service may call the library to schedule an appointment for those services.
Beginning Monday, June 8, we will continue to offer curbside delivery of library materials, and we will also begin scheduling appointments for patrons to enter the library for computer access.
- Patrons who need computer services may call the library at 304-473-4219, ext. 14 to schedule a 60-minute period to either use the library’s public computers or bring their device to the library for internet access.
- Time limits may be extended if no one else is scheduled to come to the library.
- In general, only internet users only will be admitted; if you need to have someone else with you, please let us know when you schedule your appointment.
Week 3 or 4:
We will resume allowing patrons in limited numbers to enter the library to browse for materials.
- We will continue to monitor and re-evaluate the situation as it comes. You may follow us on Facebook for all library updates or call 304-473-4219 for further information.
We thank you for your understanding. We can’t wait to see you!
Please stay safe and well.