Our youth are our hope for the future. They, like us older people, aren’t fond of being told what or how to do.
Our society has a number of things that need advocates, talent and enthusiasm!
- Get your vaccine and wear your mask so you can enjoy life more and stay healthy and well.
- Encourage your peers and your adults to avoid or stop the use of tobacco, alcohol, and drugs
- Become involved in your community; the community needs you
- Be passionate but a peacemaker by understanding others.
- Don’t expect others (parents, teachers, community, government) to do for you what you can do for yourself
- Return to society what you are able for what you receive.
Youth, this is your opportunity and challenge!
Joseph B. Reed MD
Upshur County Health Dept. Medical Director