The Office of the Upshur County Commission is requesting sealed bid proposals for the above referenced project to prevent further damage to the Courthouse, dome and cupula.
Contractors must provide an itemized quote for cleaning the Courthouse dome, purchase of spikes and installation materials, labor and any applicable rental charges on the bid pricing sheet provided. The Upshur County Commission will provide access to water. Quotes shall include all applicable charges and warranties. The Upshur County Commission is a tax exempt entity and is not subject to municipal permitting fees. Three references, including name, contact number, email address and a brief description of the project are required with the bid submission. Commencement of services must be available within three (3) weeks of contract award.
Questions regarding the project shall be directed to Greg Harris, Facilities Director @ email@example.com. A bid packet, including the scope of work and bid pricing sheet may be obtained online at http://www.upshurcounty.org/government/commission_office/bid.php.
Contractor shall furnish the following documentation along with their bid submission:
- Business License
- Contractor’s License
- Certificate of Liability Insurance naming the Upshur County Commission as an additional insured with $1,000,000 minimum general liability coverage
- Certificate of Coverage of Workers’ Compensation or Approved Waiver
- Bid bond in the amount of ten percent (10%) of the proposal. The bond shall be issued by an insurance company licensed to do business in West Virginia or in the form of a cashier’s check.
- Affidavit of Non-Collusion
- Three References – preference will be given to Contractor’s with prior dome cleaning/pigeon spike installation experience
- Any Additional Documentation as Required by the Owner
Any and all sealed bids must be received no later than 4 p.m. on
February 12, 2019 at the following address:
Office of the Upshur County Commission
Sealed Bid – Dome Cleaning and Pigeon Spike Installation Project
91 W Main Street, Suite 101
Buckhannon, WV 26201
Sealed bids received by the above deadline will be opened, reviewed, and read aloud by the Upshur County Commission at 9:15 a.m. on Thursday, February 14th, 2019.
The Upshur County Commission reserves the right to award the bid for the project based upon certain criteria, including but not limited to, submitted bid price, references, experience and/or any other factor determined to be in the best interest to the completion of the contract. The Upshur County Commission reserves the right to reject any and all bids, in whole or in part, and waive any informality during the bidding process.