BUCKHANNON — The Upshur County Department of Homeland Security and Emergency Management is hosting an informational session about Upshur County’s Community Emergency Response Team, commonly referred to as CERT.
Upshur DHSEM will hold the forum, entitled “Get to Know Your Local CERT Program” from 7-8 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 18 at the City of Buckhannon’s Public Safety Complex, located at 24 S. Florida Street in Buckhannon.
During this session, a variety of topics will be discussed, including:
- What CERT is and how it got started
- How CERT benefits communities
- Teen and Campus CERT programs
- The CERT program in Upshur County
- Opportunities for volunteers within our county CERT program, including 1) generalized support/training and 2) specialized support units/training (amateur radio, pet rescue/sheltering, and traffic management
Feel free to bring anyone you think might be interested in this informational session. Upshur DHSEM looks forward to seeing you there!