By Kiya Gillum, Little Miss West Virginia Earth
- Dye your own eggs with natural dyes such as turmeric and cabbage.
- If you use plastic eggs, consider keeping them from year to year and reuse them.
- Repurpose old eggs into an Easter wreath next year.
- Consider sending your candy wrappers to companies like terra cycle, who actually repurpose them into actual product, instead of sending them to a landfill.
- Instead of using plastic grass to stuff your baskets this year, consider shredding construction paper or even better, seed paper.
- For a fun project, make a throw and grow seed ball, plant a perennial, or a tree to enjoy for years to come!