BUCKHANNON – No one was injured in a structure fire that broke out on South Florida Street late Saturday night.
The Buckhannon Fire Department received the call at 10:32 p.m. and were on scene by 10:35 p.m., according to Capt. Brian Elmore with the Buckhannon Fire Department. When the BFD arrived on scene, there was smoke visible from the affected structure, Elmore said.
“When we arrived on scene, we had smoke showing,” he said Monday. “It was actually in a two-car garage with an apartment on top, out back behind the actual residence. The home-owner said he had a floor furnace that caught fire. He basically had it all put out, but it was still smoldering, so there was a lot of smoke in the apartment.”
“We used three water cans to put the fire out so there was more smoke damage than any-thing,” Elmore added.
Elmore said no one was injured in the fire and that everyone had evacuated the residence be-fore the fire department arrived. In addition to the BFD, the Washington District Volunteer, Adrian Volunteer Fire Department and Warren District Volunteer Fire Department all responded.
The Buckhannon Fire Department left the scene at 12:02 a.m., Elmore said.