No one was injured after part of a home caught fire just east of Buckhannon on Sunday morning.
Firefighters responded to a house Saratoga Drive at about 10:30 a.m. Sunday, Buckhannon career firefighter John Brugnoli told My Buckhannon. Saratoga Drive is located about half a mile east of Woody’s Bowling Center.
One person was inside the residence when the fire began, but he got out safely, Brugnoli said. The fire is not suspicious and started in the bathroom, although firefighters do not know the exact cause.
“We contained the fire to the bathroom and a partial hallway,” Brugnoli said.
Although the home was not a total loss, it did suffer smoke damage throughout the second floor, according to Brugnoli.