WESTON, W.Va. – Mon Health Stonewall Jackson Memorial Hospital is hosting a Cookies and Cocoa Walk/Run on Saturday, December 3 at 10 AM at the hospital at 230 Hospital Plaza in Weston.
There is a $5 cost for the race and there will be medals presented to the top three men and women. Race day registration will be available beginning at 9 AM. Call 304-517-8612 for more information or register at webscorer.com/register?raceid=287522.
Mon Health Stonewall Jackson Memorial Hospital has collaborated with nonprofits to create local walk/runs. The goal of the collaboration was to encourage people to prioritize their health. Being consistent in one’s walking routine is an important factor in developing a healthy physical activity program. Some of the positive outcomes for walkers include:
- People who walk approximately 20-25 miles per week outlive those who don’t by several years.
- On average, every minute of walking can extend your life by 1.5 to 2 minutes.
- Walking 20 extra minutes daily will on average burn off 7 pounds of body fat per year.
Other upcoming 5K Walk/Runs planned for the Hospital are:
- January 7, 2023 | Winter Snowball Walk/Run at Mon Health Stonewall Jackson Memorial Hospital
- February 4, 2023 | Ground Hog Walk/Run at Mon Health Stonewall Jackson Memorial Hospital.
To learn more about Mon Health Stonewall Jackson Memorial Hospital, visit MonHealth.com.