BUCKHANNON – The City of Buckhannon’s Sanitary and Storm Department is looking to add a full-time Maintenance Assistant. This department is responsible for the operation, maintenance, and expansion of the City’s sewer and storm water infrastructure. This an excellent opportunity to start rewarding career and grow your own skills. Job requirements are as follows:
1. Title: Maintenance Assistant
2. Educational Requirements: High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to lift between 50-100lbs regularly.
- Ability to work in tight spaces and occasionally in unpleasant conditions due to nature of work being performed
- Must be able to maintain safety precautions on job site.
- Must be dependable, punctual and proactive.
- Must have the capability of working within a team.
- Must have valid West Virginia driver’s license
- Must pass a Pre-employment drug test and random drug tests
4. Preferred Qualifications:
- Journeyman Electrical License highly preferred
- Class I, II, or III wastewater operator licensing highly preferred or ability / willingness to obtain
- Experience operating machinery
- Class A CDL
5. Job Duties (including but not limited to):
- Complete daily, weekly, and monthly routine checks of equipment and plant facilities
- Maintain sewage lift stations including plumbing, electrical wiring, pumps, valves, property, etc.
- Maintain sewage treatment plant motors, pumps, plumbing, gear boxes, equipment, etc,
- Complete capital improvement projects including adding treatment process, upgrading treatment processes, improving property, site development
- Mow, trim and maintain plant and pumpstation grounds
- Provide contract support and inspection for various projects
- Repair equipment, parts, and buildings as problems arise
- Trouble shoot electrical issues at pump stations, plant facilities, and equipment.
- Occasional weekend, evening and holiday availability
- Clean and maintain city vehicles, equipment and tools
- Assist in other jobs and activities are required in day-to-day operation
6. Job Benefits and Compensation:
- Hourly rate starting at $13.00 per hour depending on combination of education, skills, and qualifications.
- Full City benefits including insurance, retirement, sick time and vacation time.
- Annual work boot allowance
- Work clothing provided
7. How to apply:
- Visit Buckhannon City Hall at 70 East Main Street, Buckhannon, WV 26201 for an application.
- Complete Application and return it to City Hall or mail it marked ‘Attention: Buckhannon Sanitary Board’
- Applications are due by November 30, 2023
The City of Buckhannon is an EEOC employer committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all qualified persons.