BUCKHANNON – Residents who wish to conduct county-related business don’t have to leave their homes to do so, Upshur County’s administrator said Tuesday.
County administrator Carrie Wallace said she wants Upshur County residents to know that if they are practicing social distancing or avoiding public areas due to warnings regarding the coronavirus, or COVID-19, they can still accomplish many tasks via the internet or by mail.
“We want to remind the public that the courthouse is remaining open; however, many items that they would normally need to come to the commission or county offices for can absolutely be taken care of online today or at any time, whether or not we are dealing with coronavirus,” Wallace said Tuesday morning.
Permits, payments and applications may be submitted online or via regular mail.
“I just don’t want people to feel like they have to come to the courthouse to pay their taxes during this time when there are other options,” she said. “You can mail them, you can pay them online, and there are other options if you want to view maps that are in the assessor’s office – they’re all available online. Anything that’s found in the Upshur County Clerk’s Office is available online.”
The Upshur County Courthouse’s address is 38 W. Main St., Buckhannon, WV 26201.
Here’s a comprehensive list of online county resources to help you take care of county business online:
Upshur County Tax Office: 304-472-1180
- Pay your taxes: http://bit.ly/2QmeafK
- Renew your vehicle registration: http://bit.ly/39ZdqFm
- Pay your fire fee: http://bit.ly/2WkdgUT
Upshur County Clerk’s Office: 304-472-1068
- Apply for an absentee ballot: http://bit.ly/3d9ceRC
- Register to vote: http://bit.ly/2WnRcsC
- View precinct maps: http://bit.ly/39Z3gV5
- Search County Clerk records: http://bit.ly/2xNGphd
- Fees for birth certificates and other copies can be accepted via mail or over the phone and mailed to you via USPS.
Upshur County Assessor’s Office: 304-472-4650
- View aerial mapping and Assessor records: http://bit.ly/3d6Brfr
- View tax and railroad maps: http://bit.ly/2Qp4b9y
- View map cards: http://bit.ly/39YOeyx
- Fees for dog tags, maps and other copies can be accepted online, via telephone or by mail and mailed to you via USPS.
Upshur County Commission: 304-472-0535
- Complete an application for employment: http://bit.ly/38ZZWaU
- View Requests For Proposals (RFPs): http://bit.ly/3d7B2JN
- Obtain a James W. Curry Scholarship Application: http://bit.ly/3a35vqw
- Obtain a CCAWV County Government Essay Contest Application: http://bit.ly/3dcZZDV
- Addressing and mapping/permits: 304-472-1673
- Apply for a building or floodplain permit: http://bit.ly/3d6kTV5
- Pay for a building or floodplain permit: http://bit.ly/2IWpkE5
- Complete a proof of address or physical address application: http://bit.ly/2vt3dSu
- Completed applications can be emailed to email@example.com
Upshur County Department of Homeland Security and Emergency Management: 304-472-4983
- Sign Up for Emergency Alerts: Visit http://bit.ly/2w7yyL0 or text UpshurCoWVAlerts to 69310.