Dr. Joseph Reed, Medical Director at the Upshur-Buckhannon Health Department, issued the following statement about the recent increase in COVID-19 cases locally:
What are our priorities?
- Kids back in school
- Businesses able to operate
- Health care system able to manage
- Personal, family and friends health and safety
We don’t have time nor money to spend in court or the hospital.
I plead with every citizen:
- Wear your mask indoors all the time, covering your mouth and nose.
- Get vaccinated as soon as possible, including a booster if and when recommended.
- Quarantine when advised or needed.
- Encourage your friends and neighbors to be part of the solution and be helpful to their needs.
Since the 6th of August, we have 175 new cases in Upshur County, including 28 who had been immunized and 183 active cases today.
Thanks for your help!
Joseph B. Reed MD
Upshur-Buckhannon Health Dept.