UPDATED: No one injured in Gould Road house fire

2353
Gould Road Fire

ADRIAN — No injuries were reported following a residential structure fire that broke out at about 7 p.m. Friday.

Adrian Volunteer Fire Department chief Rick Harlow said no people or pets were injured in the blaze, which may have started in the chimney, but the damage to the structure was still “extensive.”

“The damage was limited to the front of the house but still extensive,” Harlow told My Buckhannon Sunday evening. “The fire appeared to have started in the wood stove’s chimney and spread to the house.

Harlow said the fire wasn’t suspicious and didn’t warrant an investigation by the state fire marshal.

Firefighters from at least three departments — including Adrian, Banks District Volunteer Fire Department and Buckhannon Fire Department — responded to the blaze. Heavy smoke and flames were visible on the second floor.

The home is located about half a mile down the Gould Road in Adrian.

Gould Road Fire