Close this search box.
No one was injured in a small electrical fire broke out in home just after 9 p.m. Tuesday.

Electrical fire on Abbott Road likely caused by malfunction in old wiring

ADRIAN – A small electrical fire that broke out at a residence on the Abbott Road Tuesday night was likely caused by old wiring that short-circuited, Adrian Volunteer Fire Department’s chief said.

“It was probably due to old wiring that short-circuited,” Chief Rick Harlow said on scene.

No one was injured in the second-floor fire that happened at about 9 p.m. at a residence about two-and-a-half miles out on Abbott Road from Route 20 South.

He said the residence’s occupants were able to turn off the power and quickly evacuate.

“They were home, and they did smell the smoke and the burning wires and immediately called for help,” the fire chief said. “They got their pets out of the residence, so they were evacuated by the time we got here.”

“We were actually in the station, so we got a quick response, and we were here within a few minutes,” Harlow added. “Everything’s good.”

Firefighters had to cut out the ceiling to ensure the fire hadn’t spread to the area between the ceiling and the floor on the second floor, Harlow said.

“It was the best outcome possible,” he said.

The Buckhannon Fire Department and Upshur EMS also responded.

News Feed

Subscribe to remove popups, or just enjoy this free story and support our local businesses!