The Fred W. Eberle Technical Center in Buckhannon is accepting applications for a carpentry instructor. The deadline to apply is October 30. Here is the full job posting:
Notice of Anticipated Personnel Vacancy – October 10, 2019
Posting Number: 19 20 03
Position Title: Instructor, Carpentry
Location: Fred W. Eberle Technical Center, Buckhannon, WV
Duties and responsibilities:
- The instructor shall develop course outlines and lesson plans for teaching general building construction skills and related courses
- Direct and supervise student learning in the classroom and shop areas
- Evaluate and record student performance
- Participate in the counseling and guidance of students
- Assist with administrative duties
- Participate in continuing education for professional growth including the professional teaching program through Marshall University or possess WVDE CTE Teacher Endorsement Code(s) 7021
- The successful candidate will be involved in the appropriate WVDE approved career technical student organizations (SkillsUSA).
- Perform other tasks and assume other responsibilities as the Director or immediate supervisor may assign.
- Hold a high school diploma or GED and have completed four (4) years of satisfactory and reasonably continuous work experience in the field: OR
- Hold a bachelor’s degree related to the occupation and two (2) years of satisfactory and reasonably continuous experience in the occupation.
- Pass a basic skills competency test.
- NOTE: Completion of an approved vocational education program or technical college may qualify for credit toward the four (4) year experience requirement.
Employment Term: 200 days per year.
Salary: Based on qualifications and experience.
To Apply: Mail a letter of application and resume to Rebecca Bowers-Call, Director, 208 Morton Avenue, Buckhannon, WV 26201.
Application deadline: Must be received by 3:00 p.m., October 30, 2019.
Fred Eberle Technical Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in employment or its programs and activities.