Logo
Search
Close this search box.
CJ Maggies Fire
Firefighters investigate the source of smoke that filled CJ Maggies restaurant on Main Street Saturday night. (Photo courtesy David McCauley)

C.J. Maggies restaurant reopens after smoke scare

One of Buckhannon’s most well known restaurants reopened normally Sunday morning after repairs were made to an HVAC unit that malfunctioned, sending smoke into the establishment late Saturday night.

Photos posted to Facebook Saturday night showed fire engines on Main Street in front C.J. Maggie’s. Owner CJ Rylands posted that a fan on the building’s rooftop HVAC unit seized up, causing a belt to catch fire. Smoke filtered down into the dining room, and firefighters were on scene until about midnight.

“Thanks to all the fire departments and firemen who responded, much appreciated,” Rylands wrote on Facebook.

News Feed

Subscribe to remove popups, or just enjoy this free story and support our local businesses!