The West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources announced Wednesday that 340 new cases of COVID-19 have been identified in the Mountain State.
Locally, new cases were reported in Upshur (6), Barbour (2), Lewis (11), Randolph (13) and Webster (5) counties. A total of 24 cases are currently active in Upshur County, according to the DHHR.
Fourteen additional deaths have been attributed to the disease, according to the DHHR:
- a 62-year old male from Putnam County,
- a 91-year old female from Monongalia County,
- a 55-year old male from Monongalia County,
- a 72-year old male from Berkeley County,
- a 71-year old female from Marion County,
- an 84-year old male from Raleigh County,
- a 44-year old male from Mercer County,
- a 58-year old female from Mineral County,
- a 59-year old male from Ohio County,
- an 86-year old female from Wood County,
- a 40-year old male from Harrison County,
- an 80-year old male from Ohio County,
- an 88-year old female from Wetzel County,
- a 97-year old male from Pendleton County.
“The West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHR) reports as of May 12, 2021, there have been 2,808,501 total confirmatory laboratory results received for COVID-19, with 157,215 total cases and 2,748 deaths,” according to a press release.
About 6,716 West Virginia cases remain active, according DHHR data. Of the cases that are no longer active, 147,765 people have recovered and 2,748 have died. The daily percent positive was 4.03%.
A total of 683,949 people have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in West Virginia, meaning they have received both doses of the vaccine, the DHHR said. That’s about 38% of the state.
CASES PER COUNTY: Barbour (1,434), Berkeley (12,375), Boone (2,035), Braxton (929), Brooke (2,196), Cabell (8,691), Calhoun (338), Clay (501), Doddridge (597), Fayette (3,438), Gilmer (854), Grant (1,278), Greenbrier (2,801), Hampshire (1,825), Hancock (2,804), Hardy (1,528), Harrison (5,724), Jackson (2,121), Jefferson (4,608), Kanawha (14,949), Lewis (1,195), Lincoln (1,472), Logan (3,123), Marion (4,442), Marshall (3,453), Mason (2,003), McDowell (1,568), Mercer (4,831), Mineral (2,856), Mingo (2,574), Monongalia (9,196), Monroe (1,135), Morgan (1,178), Nicholas (1,698), Ohio (4,211), Pendleton (702), Pleasants (882), Pocahontas (663), Preston (2,872), Putnam (5,153), Raleigh (6,777), Randolph (2,601), Ritchie (707), Roane (632), Summers (821), Taylor (1,228), Tucker (527), Tyler (713), Upshur (1,870), Wayne (3,094), Webster (487), Wetzel (1,339), Wirt (425), Wood (7,767), Wyoming (1,994).