BUCKHANNON — Dr. Joseph Reed will host a community seminar on gun-related violence from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 11 at the First Presbyterian Church, 13 S. Locust St. in Buckhannon.
The seminar will take place in the church’s basement, and all are welcome to come; if able, please bring a covered dish for dinner at 5:30 p.m.
The program will include proposals for improving gun safety and potential presenters include:
- Kenny Matthews, regional chairman for National Rifle Association-ILA
- Cpl. Marshall O’Connor with the Buckhannon Police Department
- Retired mental health counselor Larry Alkire
- Community gun safety and emergency planning expert Jeff Harvey, J&H consulting
- Surgeon Dr. Sue Long, M.D., WVU Medicine-St. Joseph’s Hospital
A faith-based perspective, and questions and discussion will follow.