SOUTH CHARLESTON — Last week, the West Virginia Division of Natural Resources reminded hunters that deer harvested in Upshur, Barbour, Jackson and Mason counties on Nov. 20-21 must be brought to a designated station for carcass examination by WVDNR personnel.
All data collected from deer carcass examinations will help WVDNR biologists gather information about the physical characteristics and age of harvested deer and better manage the state’s deer population. Examination stations will be open on Nov. 20-21, from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the following locations.
- Dean’s Variety Mart: 66 Mount Nebo Rd., Buckhannon, WV 26201
- Tractor Supply Co.: 120 Garden Fresh Plaza Dr., Buckhannon, WV 26201
- WVDNR District 3 Office: 163 Wildlife Rd., French Creek, WV 26218
- Junior Fire Department: 331 Row Ave., Belington, WV 26250
- Longview One Stop: 6861 Buckhannon Rd., Volga, WV 26238
- Nestorville Community Church: 406 Robinson Rd., Philippi, WV 26416 (Directly across from Nestorville Service Station)
- Mattchew’s Bar and Grill: 20305 Barbour Co. Hwy., Philippi, WV 26416
- Barbour County Fairgrounds: 227 Fairgrounds Way, Belington, WV 26250