GLENVILLE, W.Va. – The Glenville State College (GSC) Department of Business has announced its list of Distinguished Business Students for 2021. Recognition of these top business students is based on multiple criteria including academic achievement, class rank, campus involvement, and leadership in department classes and programs. Additionally, some students are recognized for specific departmental awards.
Those recognized as Distinguished Business Students included: Jacob Arden of Glenville, West Virginia; Tiffany Cole of Glenville, West Virginia; Madisyn Furr of Glenville, West Virginia; Nicole Hansen of Bremerton, Washington; Ellis Lilly of Beckley, West Virginia; Carter Springer of Glenville, West Virginia; Seth Stover of Wallback, West Virginia; and Alyssa Woods of Summersville, West Virginia.
Specific award recipients included:
- Ernest H. Smith Award Recipient – MacKenzie Petry of Allegan, Michigan and Grantsville, West Virginia
- Outstanding Senior Student – Jasmine Tarman of Shepherdstown, West Virginia
- Outstanding Junior Student – Kenzie Johnson of Parkersburg, West Virginia
- Outstanding Sophomore Student – Oluwatobi “Tobi” Oladapo of Kigali, Rwanda
- Outstanding Freshman Student – Steven Pritt of Elkview, West Virginia
- Outstanding Accounting Student – Dalton Law of Tanner, West Virginia
- Outstanding Computer and Information Systems Student – Jacob Stout of Gassaway, West Virginia
- Outstanding Integrated Marketing Student – Leslee Coffman of Heaters, West Virginia
- Outstanding Management Student – Joseph Rubalcaba of Arbutus, Maryland
- Outstanding Sport Management Student – Brian Chaney of Kingston, Ohio
For more information on these recognitions or the GSC Department of Business, call (304) 462-4123.