Weston, W.Va. – Opening Saturday, March 30t for its 18th season, Stonewall Resort’s Arnold Palmer Signature Golf Course maintains its status as one of the best public resort courses in the nation while continuing to heighten its focus on player development and instilling a love of the game for all who play it.
“Our goal is to expose more individuals to the game of golf and our course and we have implemented a host of programmatic initiatives to encourage play throughout the year,” said Randy Hernly, Stonewall Resort PGA Golf Professional.
Hernly announced that new for 2019, junior golfers, those 18 and younger, can now play for free when accompanied by a paying adult.
“We want golfers to bring their daughters and sons, nieces and nephews or grandchildren, to learn the game while spending time with family and friends,” said Hernly. Unaccompanied junior golfers can still play the course for $35 plus tax.
To further encourage play, the resort offers a variety of discount programs, to include:
- The resort offers the “Palmer Card”, a discount program offering two rounds of golf, a $50 gift card, two discounted plays at all other West Virginia State Park Golf Courses and a 25% discount on return plays to The Palmer Course. The cost for the Palmer Card is $189.
- Season Pass, Non-Resident Pass and Second Club annual golf passes are available and offer the area’s most deluxe golfing value. Passes include unlimited green fees, tee times available 14-days in advance, bag storage and club cleaning, 15% golf shop discount, no cart fees, USGA handicap services, 10% Lightburn’s Restaurant discount, and much more.
A variety of fun events have been created and scheduled throughout the season for golfers of all ages and abilities. They include:
- Palmer Play Days, which offer discounted golf between 8am-2pm as well as lunch on the clubhouse patio or from the beverage cart for $75 plus tax, will be offered on more than 20 dates between May and October. Check with the Pro Shop for dates and make your tee times.
- Stonewall Resort/First Tee of West Virginia Scramble set for May 10th.
- Monthly tournaments will be held April-October.
- Freedom Day USA, where active and past duty military receive complimentary golf, will take place on October 10th between 9am-3pm. Guests of military golfers can play for $45.
Additionally, the Palmer Course continues its relationship with the West Virginia Golf Association (WVGA) in 2019 and will host the West Virginia Senior Open (May 2-3), West Virginia Women’s Amateur Championship (June 26-28), West Virginia/Virginia Team Matches (April 26-28), and WVGA Senior Series (July 18).
Golfing guests, as well as all visitors to Stonewall Resort, will notice significant updates throughout the resort lodge, to include completely upgraded guest rooms and lodge internal spaces, a cottage refresh, and a makeover for the resort lounge, among other initiatives.
For additional information and tee times, contact the Golf Shop at 304-269-8885. For resort reservations and information, call (304) 269-7400 or visit the website at www.StonewallResort.com.